Hillsboro Lawyers for Post-Judgment Modification

Can You Change Your Divorce Settlement? In Many Cases, Yes.

People's lives change. Moving to another city, losing your job or starting a new relationship may make it impossible to keep up with your original parenting schedule, child support or spousal maintenance obligations. The courts understand that flexibility is often a better solution than unrealistic enforcement. If it's time to change your original divorce settlement, we are here to help.

Please contact our post-judgment modification lawyer online today to schedule an initial meeting. You may also call our firm directly at 503-615-8336 to speak with a member of our team.

Modify Child Support and Custody in the Portland Area

A court will not modify existing divorce orders without a showing that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. As a result, you need an attorney experienced at making sound arguments and presenting evidence that supports or defends against a modification request. Typical issues that result in approvals include:

  • Job loss
  • Temporary or permanent disability
  • Remarriage
  • Illness
  • Sudden increase or decrease in income

Of course, these are just examples. A court will review your unique circumstances to determine whether a modification to your existing custody, support or alimony order is necessary.

Experienced Family Law Attorneys

Attorneys Kenneth McNeil and James Goldstein have more than 45 collective years of Oregon family law experience. Our law firm has helped hundreds of clients with a full range of divorce and post-divorce matters, including move-away applications and post-judgment modifications. We know what the judges in Washington County and Multnomah County expect, and we can often find solutions that work for all parties involved.

Our firm has earned a reputation for integrity. When we approach the courts with a request for a post-judgment modification, the judge knows that we have studied the options and have worked with the other side to find a resolution that fits the circumstances. We work hard to find efficient and effective answers to complex problems.

Contact a Hillsboro Attorney for Custody or Support Modification

Contact our Hillsboro, Oregon, law offices online today to arrange a consultation to discuss your legal problem with one of our lawyers. You may also call our firm at 503-615-8336 to discuss your situation with one of our experienced attorneys.