Hillsboro Attorney for Child Relocation

It is not uncommon for adults in the U.S. to move around the country because of work, family, education or one of many other reasons. Relocating following a divorce, however, can be extremely complicated — it often involves taking a child away from his or her mother or father. At McNeil & Goldstein, our experienced Hillsboro attorneys for child relocations provide help to custodial and noncustodial parents seeking to obtain or prevent approval to move.

Please contact our experienced family law attorneys online today to schedule an initial consultation. You may also call our firm directly at 503-615-8336.

Oregon Lawyers for Move-Away Orders

Oregon requires parents who wish to move 60 miles or more away to inform the other parent and the court as soon as possible. After notice is given, the court may scrutinize the reason for the move and will evaluate whether the move is in the child's best interests.

Questions the court typically asks include:

  • Will the move be beneficial for the child?
  • How will important relationships in a child's life be affected?
  • Is the move meant to punish the other parent?
  • What is the current parenting time plan?
  • How will the distance affect the child's relationship with the other parent?

Whether you are seeking to relocate with your child, or if you are seeking to prevent a relocation, it is important to speak with our firm as soon as possible. Our attorneys have been on both sides of this struggle during our more than 45 combined years of family law practice. We know how to show that there is a reasonable basis for the move, as well as how to present a strong defense against relocation matters. Our No. 1 priority is to help you achieve your goals, and we will always be available to answer any questions or address any concerns that you might have.

What Happens Once a Relocation Is Approved?

If a relocation has been approved, parents must take the time to review their current parenting plan and custody agreement. Working with our firm will allow you to negotiate the best possible solution for you and your child.

Contact Our Relocation and Custody Modification Attorney

Contact our Hillsboro, Oregon, law offices online today to arrange a consultation to discuss your legal problem with one of our lawyers. You may also call our firm at 503-615-8336 to discuss your situation with one of our experienced attorneys.